Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins
Double chocolate banana protein muffins made with applesauce (no oil!), lots of bananas, and whey protein powder for healthy, super moist and delicious chocolatey banana goodness.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweetner (I use Lakanto)
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (oat, gluten-free, whole wheat, all-purpose) (combination of any flours you like)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder chocolate, vannila, banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*F and grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan (or two 6-cup).
Whisk together the egg, sweetener, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas.
Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, except for chocolate chips, then combine with wet.
Mix until just combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups to 3/4 full, or a little more.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is springy but not mushy.
Calcium: 28mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Potassium: 22mg | Calories: 126kcal | Fat: 4g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 20.3g | Iron: 1mg