Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Fudgy, delicious black bean brownies that are flour free and healthy! Full of fiber and nutrients. Cherries make a super tasty addition but feel free to sub for raspberries, strawberries, or leave them out all together.
Servings 12 brownies
- 1 15- oz 425g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp oil like grapeseed or coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp finely ground coffee
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pitted cherries I used frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease an 8x8 inch pan and/or line with parchment
Puree black beans in food processor until a paste, add in eggs, oil, and vanilla, puree.
In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and coffee
Mix into bean mixture
Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter in pan and add cherries as desired
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until edges are cooked. A toothpick can come out a bit gooey, that is absolutely fine and the brownies will be fudgy and delicious!
Cool before cutting