2 Minute Molten Hot Chocolate Lava Protein Cake in a Mug (gluten free, vegan)
Gooey, molten, fudgy chocolate protein mug cake made in the microwave.
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbsp oat flour or flour of choice
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of choice
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp protein powder, unflavoured (*see note)
- 3 tbsp almond or coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil or oil of choice
- pinch of sea salt
In a large mug, mash the banana.
Add remaining ingredients and whisk together with a fork until well combined.
Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Microwaves vary. The edges set and the center is very moist and shiny, not fully cooked.
Overbaking will result in a dry cake.
* If you use a flavoured, sweetened protein powder, like vanilla, you most likely won't need the sweetener. You may have to experiment with it, depending on your protein powder brand. Vegan protein powders are often strong tasting and not as sweet, so adjust amounts to your liking! The *best* protein powder is from My Protein. Get 30% off with my coupon code: RACHEL-RDJ9
Serving: 1mug | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Potassium: 833mg | Fiber: 5.9g | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 3mg