Almond Joy Healthy Baked Oatmeal
A nutriotious baked oatmeal with all the flavours of the classic Almond Joy bars. Kid-friendly, naturally sweetened and full of fiber and healthy carbs.
- 1 3/4 cups 420ml milk (dairy or nondairy) I used almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 120ml pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup 60g almond butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup 60g unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 3 cups 240g old-fashioned whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted to top (optional)
Adjust the oven rack to the middle-lower position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
Grease a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together.
Spread in prepared baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the center is just about set for a soft consistency, longer for more firm and dry.
Cool for for a few minutes before cutting.
Serve with vanilla yogurt, milk or just as is.
Save in the fridge for up to 1 week.