A chocolate chia pudding recipe that’s perfect for any healthy diet. Made with coconut milk, coconut yogurt, natural peanut butter, chia seeds and other simple ingredients. Made in a flash for dessert, snack, or breakfast.
Pudding that combines my favourite flavours —chocolate and peanut butter, AND is healthy?! Yes please!
Is chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Good for You?
Is chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Good for Weight Loss?
Chia seeds are fantastic for weight loss. They expand in your stomach, creating a feeling of fullness and they are also great for digestion. Chia seeds contain healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, that are beneficial for metabolism.
Is Chia Pudding Better than Oatmeal?
If you are on a lower carb diet, chia seed pudding might be a better for you than oatmeal.
Oatmeal is a nutrition grain that can be made very healthy with added ingredients to round it out. (See how to make filling, high protein oatmeal)
If you have diabetes or are avoiding sugars, chia seed pudding is a great alternative as long as you use a low-glycemic sweetener.
Do Chia Seeds Detox Your Body?
Your body contains organs such as your liver that detox you. No special diet or food will “detox” your body.
That said, fiber rich chia seeds to help improve digestion, removing waste from the body and helping you feel full. They’re also beneficial for lowering bad cholesterol.
Check out this cool video showing how chia seeds expand in water!
This is how your chocolate chia pudding will set up without cream or other thickeners.
This Chocolate Chia Pudding is super simple to make. All you need to do is mix maple syrup or sweetener of choice (such as VitaFiber syrup if you’re low carb), vanilla, coconut milk, and chia seeds in a food processor.
For the peanut butter layer, combine the pb and yogurt.
Layer in a parfait glass or bowl and drizzle with extra peanut butter. Best part, you only have to wait about 10 minutes until your chocolate chia pudding is set!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding (low carb, keto, vegan options)
- Food processor
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or low carb sugar, yacon syrup, vitafiber syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder sift before measuring
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup coconut milk from a can (or Almond Milk for fewer calories)
- 6 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt or use greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Combine maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and chia seeds in food processor.
- Combine coconut yogurt with peanut butter for the peanut butter layer.
- Alternate layers in a parfait glass or bowl and top with peanut butter drizzle and peanuts if desired.
- Let set for 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator to thicken before enjoying.