A simple, healthy, creamy chicken caesar bake with kale, chicken breasts, greek yogurt, and of course, bacon.
Chicken caesar is a classic combination for salad that my family loves. For this version, we’ve taken the same flavours you know and love and baked them into a creamy, healthy, comforting dish that can be made in a flash.
PIN to your Healthy Recipes board!
Prepare the chicken caesar bake
- Start with 4 skinless boneless chicken breast and butterfly them.
- Lay them flat and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix preferred caesar salad dressing (be sure it’s gluten free if that’s important to you) and greek yogurt.
- Top with sauteed kale, cooked and crumbled bacon, caesar dressing greek yogurt mixture, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 150 degrees F.
- Broil for an additional 2-4 minutes to brown, if desired. Be careful not to let it burn!
- Remove to rest for 50-10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Eat immediately or store in meal prep containers.
Chicken Caesar Bake with Bacon and Kale
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts butterflied
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4-5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 375F and grease an 8" x 11" baking dish.
- If the breasts are uneven thickness, pound them between pieces of parchment or in a zip-top bag to an even ¾"-1" thickness using a meat pounder or rolling pin.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Saute the kale until wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together caesar dressing and greek yogurt.
- Add sauteed kale and crumbled, cooked bacon on top of the chicken.
- Pour the caesar mixture over the chicken then add grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place dish in the oven and bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 150°F.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil the breasts for an additional 2-4 minutes or until you see nice browning on top, being careful not to let it burn.
- The meat thermometer should register 165°F when finished.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow the chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing or serving.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan, if desired.